Thursday, November 03, 2005

Irish Boy Meets Persian Girl

I get to see her in 20 days. I have only known her for less than six months and I already can't imagine things without her. Those of you know me will know just how strange it is for those words (keystrokes) to finally come out of my mouth (inner monologue). For example, note the following excerpts from recent chats reacting to this post:

Def(*$#: i can't believe you are talking like this
Def(*$#: i mean its great, but its funny to hear coming from you because of all of the conversations we normally have about the girls you date

Ayron#$*: LAAAAAMME

She is an incredible person and with her around, I finally know what love is about. In all my prior relationships, I felt like I was always settling. There would always be some minor flaw in a girl that would eventually blow up into a huge problem for me. It seemed like a shallow way to go about things. It's not the same with Shuli. She just seems perfect to me. I know that nobody is actually. There's a great line from Good Will Hunting. Robin Williams' character tells the tortured genius (Matt Damon's character), that love isn't about finding someone who is perfect. It's about finding someone that makes the two fit perfectly together. She does that for me. I would do anything for her. If she asked me to transfer to be closer, only eat Kosher, or learn Farsi, I wouldn't need a second to think about it.

For the first time in my life, I think I finally have things in perspective. Career, family, friends, accomplishment, money, prestige, health, charity. All important. But, with Shuli in my world, it all fits together. There is so much to look forward to with her around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home