Thursday, December 01, 2005

No News Is Bad News

I really wish I knew what was going on.

Every time that I phone home, the situation sounds worse and worse. Even now, I can't even be sure that I'm getting all the details.

I don't really feel like going into it. Especially when Dad didn't think it was useful to talk about remission or survival rates.

He did, however, make an analogy to Blackjack instead.

That didn't really inspire me with optimism.

Yet, I will try to be optimistic, if only, for her sake. She doesn't need any negativity. Mom is a rock on which I've always relied. It's my turn now. There is no limit to the things I would do right now to shoulder her through this. Thanks to everybody who has reached out offering to do the same for me.

2Pac had a pretty good beat on the way I feel right now...

"I wish I could take the pain away. If you can make it through the night, there's a brighter day. Everything will be alright if you hold on. It's a struggle. Everyday you've got to roll on." - Dear Mama

1 Comments:

At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thinking of you and your mom : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home