Thursday, December 08, 2005

No Sleep 'Til (Stony) Brooklyn

I'll be home a week from today.

At this point, I'm counting down the last 140 hours. I'm just tired.


I am entirely convinced that I made the right choice in going to law school and, even more so, in coming to Stanford. But, that's not the issue. I'm literally just tired.

This morning, three espresso shots in my steamed beverage didn't even put a dent into my morning fog. Nearly two liters of Coke at lunch failed to do the trick either. I kind of hovered from class to class today. It wasn't until Happy Hour that I finally was on my game. (Side note: $1 'ritas at Compadres might just be the best deal in Silicon Valley)

This semester has been one of extremes. It's been more of everything than I expected.

To say the very least, it's been more work. It's also been more play, more edifying, and more inspiring. It's been faster, crazier and harder than I imagined. The people that I have met and made fast friends with are more amazing than I supposed they would be. There's not a single person in the 1L class that I wouldn't like to get to know more about. The Professors are more approachable, the weather is more utopian, and the class is more cohesive than the hype even suggested.

But, I don't know if I'm far enough removed from this experience to genuinely reflect yet. I still need about three straight days of sleep to catch up on what I've lost this term. I think it's only with that and in the hindsight of break that these past months can be properly received.

Until then, forward march.

3 Comments:

At 12:19 AM, Blogger Terrible lie said...

THAT WAS F'IN CUTE!

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger SLS2L(@YLS) said...

...thanks?

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger §å®å[¦]*&*TreeNaH said...

I THINK YOU JUST KNOW WHEN YOU HAVE A PERFECT PICTURE LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home