Thursday, December 15, 2005

Red Eye Ramble

I'm exhausted. But, I'm home.

The red-eye is a brow beating experience. The last flight out of San Francisco got me in to JFK at 6:30 am. I've been dragging ever since. Seeing Mom for the first time since she got her news was emotionally moving for me. Even withstanding the four months of motherly nagging compressed into my last four hours.

Reality has set in though. Her twelve cycles of chemotherapy will begin in January. In six months, if all goes to plan, she will have killed off this evil.

Finishing classes has filled me with new life blood, though. It's refreshing. I think I overlooked that fact in yesterday's ramble about final exam scheduling. It's thrilling to be this far into the 1L ride. I feel like I just returned from my first tour in Vietnam.

And, like any good soldier on leave, it's time to let good times roll.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home