Sunday, January 29, 2006

Clear Skies

I made it up to San Francisco twice last semester.

I made it up to San Francisco twice this weekend.

If the past week is any indication of the semester to come, I'm all in. The difference that one fewer class makes is really incredible. It's safe to come up for air now. I feel like I can breathe again. In fact, for no apparent reason on Friday afternoon, I purchased a facebook announcement in a spare moment having no idea what to do with myself.

*** Dear Undergrads, I miss the night club atmosphere that your attire and boots brought to the law library during finals. Love, Your Neighborhood 1L***

Yes, it cost fifteen bucks. But, the responses it spurred made it all the more worthwhile. Plus, Van Wilder told me not to take life that seriously. So, I really wouldn't be surprised if it happened again.

I also found myself at the Rugby field for hours on end over the last two days. Stanford played host to an eight team tournament in which my friend, a scrum half for UC-Santa Barbara, took part. Do I know what scrum half does? No. But, I do know that there is no way that I would step on to the pitch and play that game with any of those women.

Those girls are nasty. Elbows to the face. Cleats to the groin. Fists to the teeth. Women may cry in baseball, but they don't cry in rugby. They get right back up after a broken nose and dole out some pain of their own. The girl in the foreground is like a middle linebacker out there. She represents you on our National Team. The girl directly behind her is the one I came out to see - and she didn't disappoint either. She earned a tryout for Team USA, herself.

Yeah Shelby!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home