Saturday, January 21, 2006

Summer Reunion

Before I head back to California tomorrow, there's the remaining matter of celebrating today. I'm heading into Roslyn shortly. For those of you not intimately aware of your suburban hell geography, it's forty minutes east of the city. There's a reunion of crew from this past summer that is getting together. While you were off making bank in some New York office or rubbing elbows with political types, I was working on my sunburn each day in the far reaches of New Hampshire.


Taking the advice of many, I erred on the side of r & r heading into law school. I worked as a group leader for the 11's at America's oldest sleep away camp. The vision of camping that you might be harboring is probably a bit too rustic. This is a "camp" designed for the spoiled children of highstrung power couples.

But, it was a great experience. I met a lot of amazing people from all over the world (though mainly from the Gold Coast of Long Island and the suburbs of London, strangely). It was where I met the girl in my life. For whom, now, the countdown starts again until the day I see her next.

27 days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home