Saturday, February 04, 2006

Can You Hear Me Now?

Today was a historic day.

My brother called me for the second time since I graduated High School. To the best of my recollection, the conversation sounded something like this.

Me: Hello?
He: Ahh. Hope all is well. I should get going.
Me: O...kay, take care.


Baby steps, I guess. At least he intended to call me this time. I think. His first call, which I received in my last year of college, was inadvertently placed. Transcript provided below.

Me: Hello?
He: Who's that?
Me: What? You're the one that dialed. It's your brother.
He: Oh. Hey. I meant to call Dad.
Me: Right.
He: Sorry. Later brother.

Though, to be fair, we mostly keep in touch online. To my knowledge, he's alive at the moment and doing well; both facts not to be glossed over considering he lives in West Philadelphia and is now pledging.

NASA scientists calculate the next call to come in following the return of Halley's Comet in 2061.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home