Friday, April 21, 2006

Crazy Train

At times this year, I've wondered whether I might be one of those "alternative usages of the law degree" people. I admire the American entrepreneur and worship at the altar of the free market.

And at other times, I've found reason to believe that I really do want to practice law in all its intense, adversarial glory. Last night, our Moot Court oral arguments, was one of those times.

So, I tried my best to look like a lawyer while doing it.

I didn't walk away with a job offer for Summer 2007 - like my co-counsel did. But, in being told by a litigation partner at Latham that I was "first rate" and "could be raking in millions" doing this work, it's nice to know there's a flexible career path ahead.

With that experience complete, only two weeks of class and three finals stand in my way until I head back East. Among other things, that means in 28 days, I'll never have to use the phrase "long distance relationship" ever again : )

5 Comments:

At 3:44 PM, Blogger CM said...

Never? I must have missed something. Are you transferring to NY like you talked about a while back?

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger SLS2L(@YLS) said...

The transfer is still a work in progress. But, I'm done with the long distance thing. If the transfer doesn't go through anywhere, I will still be "visiting" either Columbia, NYU, or Yale for 2L and have the girl out here with me in Palo Alto for 3L.

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger CM said...

Good for you. When we look back on our long-distance days, we think it was was probably a good thing we got to experience our lives independently for a while... but it sucked.

 
At 7:07 PM, Anonymous Rina said...

I'm sorry, can we back up a second? The winner of the moot court competition got a summer internship at Latham? There seems something a little strange about that :-p (Although maybe it would have compelled me to care a little more about our Moot Court competition ;))

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger SLS2L(@YLS) said...

Hey Rina! It was kind of an "official unofficial" thing. There was nothing tangible on the line for us. It was so intentionally uncompetitive that they wouldn't even tell us whether plaintiff or defendant prevailed. But, one of the judges did, in so many words, tell my buddy to forget about OCI...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home