Friday, May 26, 2006

Rolled Up Aces

In the grand scheme of things, eating two large chicken pita sandwiches at 2:15 am seems entirely normal by comparison to what followed thereafter.

For some reason, I played a 4 am to 8 am stretch at the Borgata last night. As in Atlantic City.


It seemed like a good idea at the time. And it actually still does. It wasn't actually mine per se. That credit all goes to Brooklyn D - a soldier who actually had "responsibilities" and a "job" to be back in Manhattan for this morning. That's gumption. Since my Security Clearance came through this morning from Washington, I'll have a better idea what that's all about beginning on June 6.

Now, after a nap, some greasy diner food, and a day wasted recovering from the Jersey haze, I'm feeling great. My wallet being $550 fatter has nothing to do with it.

These are exactly the random moments of a City summer that I had in mind all year long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home