Monday, July 17, 2006

Drop It Like It's Hot

I think that law is the last profession that asks those practicing it to wear a suit every day. I've noticed that even the bankers and corporate types have fell into the good graces of some business casual revolution. Given the heat wave blanketing the city and the country this week, this is all very unfortunate.

It's just not fun to show up to the office with a freshly broken sweat. And, normally, I hate when people talk about the weather. I don't know why. I guess I find it the quintessential shallow platitude.

But, this is different. This is the type of oppressive heat that makes headlines. All at once, the gripes about mercury rising are serious. It's just too hazy outside my window for me to take the high ground.

Right Now for
New York, NY (10007)



Partly Cloudy
10:15 a.m.
91°F
Feels Like
91°F

UV Index: 5 Moderate

Wind: From W at 5 mph

Humidity: 37%
Pressure: 29.95 in
Dew Point: 62°F
Visibility: 10 miles


I can also see Brooklyn from this seat. So, about the suit, fuggetaboutit. It's dress down Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home