Friday, September 15, 2006

Almost There, But Not Quite

I met Justice Breyer yesterday. He was clearly as brilliant as one would expect someone sitting on that Court to be. Incredibly honest too. I guess it's easy to be forthright when you make clear that everything said in that room is "off the record." What I found most striking about the talk was that Yale didn't even really advertise or hype it.

So, either this event was spur the moment or is the kind of thing that's relatively ordinary around these parts. I have no idea. I'm still trying to adapt to these new surroundings.

But, I am starting to feel more settled. It helps to know my way around and have a schedule again. Knowing where to go for good sushi and just how late I can sleep in and get to class in time are very important things in my world.

It's true that New Haven is not really a destination point. But, the town has just enough going on to make it feel like a city. That's also very important to me. Plus, I can be in New York in less than two hours - which is why I'm back here in the first place. In fact, I'm writing this post from home and have tickets to the Yankees game on Saturday night. Neither could be the case this time last year. And that means a lot to Mom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home