Monday, September 11, 2006

Five Years Gone

I was in my freshman Chem seminar at Penn. My elderly Professor arrived to class late that day and said that, although he would hold lecture, we would be free to leave given the situation in New York. When asked to elaborate, he responded that a plane had hit the Twin Towers.

So, I had an image of a twelve seat prop plane's wing grazing the antenna of WTC 1.

It wasn't until the towers had been reduced to ash and rubble that I learned of the event's enormity. It wasn't until I got back to my dorm after class that I first saw the images that are still so tough to stomach today. Huddling for hours in a TV lounge with a hall full of people that I had known for two weeks, I can still remember my innate and visceral response that morning as clear as day. Anger.

Where were you that day?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home