Tuesday, November 07, 2006

To Close To Call. Hell No!

With 0% of the vote in, NBC is prepared to call the PA Senate election for Bob Casey (D).

Bob Casey (D)- 223 (50%)
Rick Santorum (R)- 219 (50%)

Unbelievable. I can't believe what I'm watching. And, according to Howard Fineman, what's surprising is the "large margin." I'm glad networks have so quickly digested the crow from the 2000 Florida debacle.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Breaking News (9:20 PM)

Michael Steele (R) - 4977 (55%)
Ben Cardin (D) - 3915 (43%)

1% REPORTING: NBC PROJECTS WINNER...BEN CARDIN

"NBC is prepared to call the Maryland Senate Seat up for grabs tonight for Ben Cardin with...well...am I reading the numbers right? It doesn't match up right now but when the votes are counted we're expecting Ben Cardin to be next Senator." - Chris Matthews

Okay. I get it. Your ratings are better if you keep calling races. But can you PLEASE maintain some semblance of journalistic integrity? I only took one class in stats during college. But, I encountered no predictive sampling technique that could justify this estimate with any meaningful degree of confidence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home