Thursday, November 16, 2006

Upset City

Apparently Emmitt Smith beat down Mario "Slater" Lopez in Dancing With The Stars last night.

This from the Boston Herald:
Everybody's all-American Emmitt Smith took home the crown on "Dancing with the Stars" last night, beating out Latin lothario Mario Lopez for the top spot.

After 16 weeks of training and 10 weeks of competition, Smith's style and smile eventually won over both the judges and the audience, though the race was tight 'til the very end.

"It is awesome, it is awesome," Smith said, holding the disco ball prize like it was the Vince Lombardi trophy. "We've come a long way, we really have."

But, Emmitt never even had a signature end zone dance when he was in the NFL. Whereas Lopez, of course, had this...



Spin, Slater, spin. Recount, anyone?

2 Comments:

At 1:56 PM, Blogger Miss SunsGossip said...

What's sad is that I remember watching that episode in high school when it wasn't a re-run. I'm old.

In other news, a male flight attendant stopped me as I de-planed Friday to ask if I was "the girl from Dancing with the Stars." I took it as a compliment, but never having seen the show, maybe I shouldn't have.

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger SLS2L(@YLS) said...

Haha -- wait a second -- was that you? Remembering back to Blue Chalk and F&As now, you do have the moves to go with that resemblance...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home