Monday, February 26, 2007

Small Beans

I am not a coffee snob. Far from it - I actually hate strong joe. But, I had the best cup of my life this weekend when I stumbled upon that vestige of caffeinated America, a friendly single location roaster that doesn't trade on the NYSE. It had the usual cast of pseudo-intellectuals and hung over yuppies, but also something more: charm and the appreciation of a small business owner for his local patronage. I didn't think places like this survived the Starbucksification of America.

It's located on 71 Irving Place. Get the flavored Chocolate-Hazelnut.

2 Comments:

At 11:36 PM, Anonymous J said...

try two location roaster
see here

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger SLS2L(@YLS) said...

The next time I'm in Millerton (?!?), I'll have to stop in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home